There are approximately 50 billion devices in the world, ranging from home appliances & business computers to complex utility equipment, industrial machines and transport systems.
M2M stands for Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Technology & allows businesses to talk to their machines over wired or wireless networks. M2M can remotely monitor status, identify problems and issue automatic alerts if problems occur. With M2M, downtime for vital equipment is minimized as real-time information is used to improve business critical operations.
Some examples of M2M applications are:
- Vending machines that automatically monitor stock levels & issue re-stocking alerts
- Building automation systems that maintain “green buildings” by minimizing energy use
- Plant automation systems that control manufacturing processes in real-time by continuously collecting & feeding machine data into ERP / BI applications
- Energy meters that automatically collect & remotely report meter readings
ILS Technology Benefits for M2M
ILS Technology Products and services simply and securely connects remote machines, equipment & devices with business critical systems & people. Weather you are an Equipment Manufacturer, Operations Manager, or Service Provider, our suite of solutions can effectively reduce costs, increase productivity and revenues, and improve customer service.
Some of the most tangible ILS technology M2M benefits include:
- Reduced MTTR (Mean Time to Repair) – get real-time alerts with issue specifics; dispatch the right people with the right parts; fix problems faster.
- Minimized downtime – get alerted to performance degradation. Fix issues before they result in machine failure.
- Improved operational efficiency – minimize field visits. Prioritize based on criticality. Optimize field personnel.
- Optimize the process and productivity of business intelligence applications
- Improved maintenance – move from reactive support to predictive maintenance. Monitor & fix issues before customer impact.
- Optimized parts inventory – streamline stock purchases as per use freeing critical working capital.
- Automated audit trails – minimize human error & paper trails with automated data collection.
- Smart services – create new service offerings that generate ongoing revenues based on real-time data.